Thursday, July 29, 2010

Elder Jordan Keele- July 29, 2010

As usual, especially in the laundry room, my mind is going a bazillion miles an hour. So many things on my mind. If you could tell Austin that I've been so busy lately, but I really have been thinking of him often, I would appreciate it. Literally today I had 30 minutes to write letters. Maybe I'll find some time later today to write, but we'll see. Just know that I love you all, and even though I can't express it all the time, or even in the way I want, I appreciate everything everyone is doing everywhere! :)
Thank you so much for finding a way to send R-Jay my letter. He deareldered me yesterday or two days ago. That was nice. I'm so proud of him.
As much as I love it here, I would love even more to go to the field. Provo would be awesome. I find out tonight or tomorrow if I'll get my visa on time, but I'll tell Jess to write you on Monday about it. Tell Linda thanks!
I can't wait to find out where Jen is going.[Cousin Jen is going to Guatemala City South Mission] I'm so glad she got it! Good job!
I love hearing about the little things that everyone's doing. Dallin?? An overnighter?! Sweet! He's gonna love it! I can't believe you're all growing up. I told you not to until I got back! I wanna hear about your campout, k Dallin? Have fun Dallino!
Some info about the MTC. They're doing some major remodelling. In the gym, adding a new building, and tightening security. They're going to build, from what I was told, a wall on the outside, rather than just a fence. Just today they removed those two gray stones at the entrance that said MTC and had the beehive on the corner. The ones where we got pictures taken. They're gone! That's history! It'll be cool to see what they do when I get back.
Thanks so much for the DELICIOUS zucchini bread. As always, it was gone in about 10 minutes :) Everyone says thanks!
My district is the oldest district in our zone. It's so weird! We don't feel old at all. My roommate, who is becoming one of my best friends, is zone leader. It's way cool. Today is day 51 for me, and if all goes as planned I leave on day 62. CRAZY! Yes, time does fly. I'm so excited to go, but at the same time I don't feel prepared... but at the same, I know the Lord will help me out when necessary.
We went to the referral center on Sunday night, and we didn't know what we were doing. We were told we could do it, but nobody was there to tell us how. So we kind of just messed around until we found out how to do it. But by that time it was time to go, so I made one call and it went to their answering machine. Then time was up. Anyway, what I'm getting to... ask Grant if he remembers making a referral on June 30th, 1998 at 11:52 PM. It didn't say to whom, but I looked up KEELE and that's what came up. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but if he remembers, that's awesome.
I went to the temple today. It looks so nice! I mean it always looks way nice, but I really like the carpet, wallpaper, and curtains. If any of you haven't gone, you should go. Partly because you should always go to the temple to 'renew' your memory, and re-straighten your focus, but also to see the beautiful new 'decorations' I guess you could say.
I know my thoughts are always jumbled and may not make sense. But as I said earlier, just remember that I love you all, I think of you as much as a missionary can, and I'm always, always, always grateful. Thanks to everyone for everything!
I hope your weeks go by very nicely. I'm always praying for my family, and most of the time others too :) Hopefully you'll only get one more e-mail from me while at the MTC. EXCITING!!!
LOVE,
Elder Jordan F. Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment