Thursday, July 8, 2010

Elder Jordan Keele- July 8, 2010

Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:53:39 -0600
Subject: Re:
From: jordan.keele@myldsmail.net
To: jlkeele@msn.com

Hola everybody!
Thank you so much for the talk and your's and dad's thoughts. I actually haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I printed it out and I'll go over it with my district. So much happened this week, so I'll just get straight to the good stuff :) I picked a good computer today.

I absolutely love the devotionals and firesides here. Every single one has been so beneficial. It's amazing how much you can learn when you really want to. Ha! What a concept! One quote that I really appreciated was from Pres. Hinckley and his dad. There was a point on Pres. Hinckley's mission that he really thought about why he was there. It was hard, and he just wanted to go home. His dad told him in a letter something like "I suggest you forget yourself and go to work". I think that applies not only to missionary work, but it can apply to everything we do. Later on, while he was the Prophet of the Church, Pres. Hinckley said regarding his decision to go on a mission "that was the most important decision I have ever made". Um, WOW! Here's a prophet that has probably made more important decisions than we will all ever have to make combined, and he said the most important one is the one that each one of us has the opportunity to make. Now, I'm not a prophet, and I can't see the future, but I really believe that if Pres. Hinckley wouldn't have gone, or even if he would've left home from his mission early that he wouldn't have been a prophet. I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know for sure that that decision was the one that started all the rest of his important decisions. I know that if I can serve to the best of my ability, that I will be blessed for life. I don't know what the Lord has in store for me, but I really want to find out!
I'll write Linda today. I would love to serve in my hometown area :) If my VISA doesn't come on time, that would be awesome of her to talk to the mission Pres. I think that blogspot will be cool! I think people will appreciate it. Plus it'll be a nice way for Hna. Keele and me to review our missions. I'm planning to send pictures by next week. I'm going through my camera today to figure out which ones to send.
I saw Dustin (I don't remember his last name) yesterday. The one that lives(d) across the street from Grandma Keele. I guess he works in the kitchen or something. He was so excited to see me :) That was fun.
Dad, I made you go through all that trouble to get our line of authority, but then I think I forgot to bring it with me. I looked a little bit but didn't see it. If you wouldn't mind sending it to me, I would appreciate it!
Mom, thanks for looking for the music. We're all excited to do something.
Like I said, my time is frozen at 27 minutes 4 seconds. My companion has 7 min. left and I got on just before he did. So my time is running out. I didn't get to say all I wanted, but I'll probably write a letter today for the family and you can read the rest then. Thanks for everything!!
I haven't gotten the coat from missionary mall yet, so if you could call on that that would be nice.
The hardest part about writing e-mails is that we don't have much time. And the whole time my mind is running at a million miles per hour because I have so much to say, but I'm so rushed. I wasn't able to read Mike and Louene's email, but if you could tell them thank you for writing, I'll make time for it next week. So if this e-mail is just jumbled and hard to read, please understand.
I love you all! Keep holding strong!
Con un monton de amor!
Elder Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment