Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hna. Jessica Keele- June 28, 2010

It's so hard for me to understand why I've been so blessed! Out of all the people in the world, I was born into a family with you and Dad, with the brothers and sisters I have and with the extended family that we have, being raised in the gospel all our lives, living in a nice neighborhood, with all the things and home that we have. I just don't get it. I have so many and always have had so many examples to look up to. My roommate, Hna. Snow, is a convert. She used to be Catholic. She grew up in Utah, but her family is Catholic, and it makes me really sad because they don't really talk to her. She's been here for five weeks and she said she was excited because her parents finally wrote her an email last week, but they were talking about the rosary prayer. She still writes them every week but her brother and sister haven't talked to her yet. It makes me so sad. I'm blessed to know that I have a family of 10 who are all proud of my decision to serve a mission. I don't know that I would have as much strength as she has if I was in her situation. But, I hope that I would. I never want to lose sight of why I'm here and what's important.
I know that I'm going to have trials and struggles throughout my mission, but it's wonderful to know that all of you will always be there for me! That's one thing I know I will never have to worry about. I love you and miss you, but I am so excited to be here!!! I can't wait to be able to save lives and share the gospel to people in Argentina!

No comments:

Post a Comment