Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Elder Jordan Keele- Dec. 20, 2010

Wow, this past week has probably been the busiest week in my life. We've probably only had a total of 8 hours of actual working in the entire week. Ward parties, Stake parties, Zone Conference, Exchanges, and Zone activity practices. It's been crazy, but a lot of fun. I can't wait for tomorrow. We get to go to the temple in the morning! Then of course, on Saturday I get to talk to all of you! No puedo esperar!

My new companion is Elder Rodriguez from Monterrey Mexico. He's very easy to get along with, and we're going to have a lot of success together. I pray as well that we work hard and effectively.

Wow, 30 minutes is a loong time to speak. That's longer than a conference talk! The talks in my ward here are usually about 5-10 minutes long each. Youth or adult. There are normally 4-5 speakers every week.

Tomorrow as a zone we're singing Hark the Herald and Away in a Manger. I'm going to accompany them on the piano. I had to come up with a little transition between the two songs, but the Lord helped me out with that. Simple, short, and it's kind of fun to play. I just hope I remember it ;) But it'll be good. I'm excited.

Nathan, this paragraph is dedicated to you. Go to choir. Just do it. You have no idea (and I'm not trying to be mean, it's just a fact) how many missionaries don't know how to sing. And the voice of just one person that knows even just a little bit helps immensely. So, learn to sing, and go to choir!

It's amazing how this gospel works, isn't it? Just the act of one simple kindness not only blesses the receiver, but the giver, and also those who know the receiver of the gift. We are so blessed not only to be a part of this wonderful gospel, but this incredibly amazing family we have on both sides. Thank you ALL, friends and family alike, for your support to me and my family in particular. When we use what we have to bless others, the Lord blesses us more and more. If we use what we have to help or satisfy our personal desires and wants, the blessing that could be flowing, don't. ''When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are ONLY in the service of your God''.

This past Wednesday we had a multi-zone conference. I was asked to play the piano, prelude, postlude, and the hymns. Fortunately, I had taken a bit of time the night before to prepare the order of the prelude. At that point, and even during, I had no idea who the special guest was. It wasn't until I got home and looked at the Ensign to see that Elder Tenorio was from the first quorum of the seventy. It was very cool. They got there early, and I was to play 20 minutes worth of prelude music. It was a lot of fun for me, I loved every second of it. He talked to us about praying more specifically. Telling the Lord what you want, how you're going to do it, and what you're willing to give up for it. The Lord works with covenants, and as we make specific covenants with Him, he's going to bless us. I've noticed it makes everything in the work more efficient.

Raul didn't get baptized last week. We had an appointment with him Thursday morning, but he wasn't there. We called and called, but no answer. We continued to visit and call him from Thursday through Sunday. We finally found him at home on Sunday afternoon around 4:00. Turns out he had to work in the DF, (central Mexico City) from 7:00 in the morning until around 10:00 at night Thursday through Saturday for extra training. He's still excited for his baptism, and we've rescheduled it for this upcoming Sunday.

Speaking of Elder Fuentes... I saw him at the exchanges meeting, zone conference, and I'll see him again tomorrow. I had no idea he was a redhead! Funny thing is his new companion also has red hair. Both of them are very light skinned, and look like Americans. But one is from Argentina and doesn't speak English, the other is from Tijuana and doesn't speak English either ha ha. But I took a picture with him, but I forgot my cord so I'll have to send it next week.

That is very sad to hear about the Provo Tabernacle. If they can't rebuild it, I wonder where we'll have stake conferences in the future?

Ok, I can't wait to talk to you all on Saturday. I'll be ready to hear the phone call at 9:30 A.M. my time, just in case.

Gracias, thank you, gracias! Les amo muchisimo!

Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment