Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Elder Jordan Keele- Dec. 27, 2010

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Derek and Mom! Happy birthday to you two!

It was so good to be able to talk to you and Jessica the other day. I feel re-energized, rejuvenated, re-excited, re-dedicated, and whatever other "re-___" you wanna add. If I sounded sad, I wasn't. Honest. I was just tired because we traveled a bit, and I always get tired when we drive for longer than a minute. Which is almost every time we drive. But I'm happy as can be, and life couldn't be better!

Jessica sounded amazing! She's doing so good and blessing millions of lives.

We did find Raul!.... after church. He was with his mom for the Christmas weekend. I guess it doesn't sound like he wants to be baptized. He seems to be hiding from us. But, this week we're giving him the "charla franca" to ask him if he's really interested, or if we should just move on. But either way, we won't be wasting too much time with him. We have a few other people we're working with, trying to get some things straightened out.

Party after party after party! They never seem to stop at home! Here in Mexico there seems to be a big celebration a few times a week for some reason or another. But that's my favorite time of the year. Spending time with both families, Dad taking a week off of work... that's the way to do it. Have fun, win some games for me, and be safe.

That sushi place sounds good. I had some at a buffet in Colorado a couple times, but here in Mexico all I've found is Mexican food and pizza. In fact, I just had pizza today. But it's different. It was with al pastor, another with avocado tomato and tuna, and another with pieces of steak, avocado and tomato as well, all with valentina sauce. It was really good. Yesterday I had the most delicious enchiladas! Made with six flour tortillas smothered with verde. I don't know exactly what was in it, I think chicken or something. When my companion was talking to his family on Saturday night, I was talking with Hna. Mary Pasteles about food. She asked how you do turkey? I didn't really know. What is it marinated with? She asked for a recipe so she can try it out. As we were talking, she brought out another delicacy, chapulines. I didn't eat any yet because she hadn't put on the chile yet, but sometime I'll try one. If you don't know what they are, you can try and figure out what it is in the photo.

I've mentioned this many many times, but I love studying. I can't wait to read someday all the books the Church has ever put out! Lately I've been reading very deeply the Book of Mormon, and the Ensign from the past conference. I read about a page and a half in my hour study yesterday, and I loved every minute of it. The Lord definitely knows each one of us, and He knows how we can be happy. We just have to trust Him. The moment we don't trust Him, we immediately feel sadness. Having faith in our Savior is the key to success.

Well, have a good week. I know I will. Lots of Love,

Elder Jordan Keele

P.S.S. Happy new year! Think of me asleep as we first get to the new year ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment