Monday, December 6, 2010

Elder Jordan Keele- Dec. 6, 2010

It's almost Christmas, and people are getting very festive around these parts. Almost everyone has Christmas lights and decorations. It's cool.
We played basketball at the church with our zone and soccer too. It was a lot of fun.
The other day we were on our way home, and as we got off the combi, (essentially a hippi-van that's like a taxi/bus. That's probably why they call it combi, short for combination) Anyway, there was a man pushing his car and trying to steer it at the same time. We offered to help him push his car, and he gratefully accepted. We didn't know how far he had to go, but we pushed probably for about 40 minutes. To make a long story short, he accepted the invitation to come to church. We've taught him a lesson already too. It went really well. At church he saw one of his friends from work who is a member. It was an easy decision to choose who to have fellowship him. He liked it a lot, and I hope he continues to progress.
This past week we had what's called 'divisiones'. On Thursday, my district leader came to my area to work with me for a day, while my companion went with the other elder. Elder Zuñiga is a great worker, and a terrific missionary. He currently holds the record for consecutive weeks baptizing, at 20. He's only been out 10 months. I learned a ton from him, and it really changed the rest of my mission. When we work hard, and work effectively, the Lord blesses us immensely. I know the Lord knows my heart, and that's what I have to count on. I hope to continue to work hard and be the best I can be.
Well, I'm hungry. Right now we're going to that members home that has the restaurant. I think I'll have the huarache again :)
I love you all. Not too much longer until I get to talk to you on the phone! Boo yah!
If there's anything I can do for ya, let me know. (The key word there is 'can').
Gracias! Have a good time enjoying the snow!
Con amor como siempre, Elder Jordan Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment