Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hna. Jessica Keele- Dec. 13, 2010

Hola!
Wahoo!!! I hope I can pick up the package soon! [I was able to send a Christmas package to Jessica with a friend who went to Buenos Aires on Friday. He delivered it to the mission president's wife, and they had a long visit in English!!!] Yup, I´m in Almagro still! I really love it, but I do miss Campana too, and Hna Allen. But Hna Rivera is great too! Yes, Hna Gulbrandsen hurts for English conversations. haha She´s so awesome! hmm I'm not sure how long I´ll be here. Now I´m confused because I was thinking I would be here for the rest of the transfer from the way President talked to me because if not, he said he would have to close an area. So I´ll probably be here for Christmas. We´re going to try and find out where we will be calling from and the number so you can call. I think Hna Allen told me it sounds clearer when you guys call than when we call you. Something I need to know next week though is at what time? It´s a 3 hour difference right? Don´t forget to answer that, okay? Hna Rivera was thinking at 12 or 1 which I think would be 9 or 10 your time, right? I don´t want to call when you are tired, haha but hopefully Jordan can call around then too. Let me know next week, por favor! :)

Oh and yes, Hna Rivera´s companion made it home safely haha So crazy! She´s from Catamarca, Argentina.
Laura had twins!? I didn´t know! How exciting!! Aww, and that´s so cool about the conference Dad had with Elder Ballard!! How blessed we are to be living with prophets and apostles! They help us unfold the mysteries of God and let us know what it is that we need to know. Ooh and a verse I read today that I love is Jacob 2 vs 8. The word of God healeth the wounded soul! :) Nothing else can help more than hearing the word of God and to hear directly from a prophet or apostel is so powerful, especially when we already had those questions in mind!
One of my favorite scriptures right now is Ether 12 vs 4. Where it says if you believe in God you can with surety hope for a better world!! The past two Sundays we talked about the millennium! The first week I got here the bishop was out of town (he normally teaches the Sunday School class for investigators and recent converts) and the mission leader skipped ahead to the millennium and then the bishop yesterday started in the second coming but wanted to talk more about the millennium haha But it´s so interesting. I could talk about it every Sunday! I look so forward to the millennium, obvio! ha But it´s true, even with all the terrible things that happen in the world today, if you truly believe in God you can still have peace through it all and hope for a better world. One of the hardest things for me as a missionary is hearing so many people complain about their Heavenly Father so much. They complain about all their sufferings. But they just don´t understand!! The plan of salvation is Amazing!! They could have so much more happiness if they would try to understand rather than close their hearts toward anything that has to do with God. But not only that, it´s that they owe it to Him! No matter how much we suffer in this life we are always in debt to him because he blesses us so much! Someday we´ll understand it ALL but for now we can know enough if we try!
Well, I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the snow! Sometimes I forget it´s almost Christmas.. It's sooo different being in the heat at Christmas! I´m sending you a picture of our Christmas tree. Our star is a sticky note. haha Almost everyone has a tree here but they´re all the same size - cute little ones! haha
Also the cell phone with the text... Well I think I told you that we got our cell phone stolen last Sunday, and so we have the Assistance phone and that was a text Hna Rivera found on it. It is now her fave picture of her mission. haha "Hna. S. trapped Hna Rivera?"
Our apartment is on the 10th floor and it´s so pretty to look out at night! But my camera can´t capture how pretty it is. But the day time is pretty too!
I love you all! Talk to you soon :D
Con amor,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment